Thursday 19 February 2015

Special Effects Make-up Trial

I recently tried some special effect make-up on Matthew as he will be playing the antagonist in the film. I wanted to make sure that I had practised it so that I knew exactly how to do it when we begin filming next week. Ethan also filmed the process which I will upload soon.

Here is the image that I tried to base my special effects make-up on.

For my first attempt I only did a very small amount as I just wanted to make sure I was using the right techniques.

Here is my second attempt which is larger and more detailed. This took quite along time to create about an hour and a half but hopefully it will go quicker now that I know how to do it

I am hoping to improve on this as I feel it needs to be a much darker shade and is to bright at the moment. Although this is in full light and the scenes we will be filming the antagonist in will be very dark so it may look more realistic in that lighting. We will also film all of the close ups of the hand in one day as it will be very hard to exactly replicate the same make-up again. I will still try to recreate it as similar the second time to the first as I can but I don't think it will be to noticeable with the further away shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment